Organise a Meetup / Film Screening
Positive Money supporters are organising meetups around the country to spread awareness of the need for fundamental reform of the monetary system.
Here are a three ideas:
- Informal meetup of Positive Money supporters
Perhaps organize a meetup in a local pub for existing supporters of Positive Money to share ideas, discuss and plan a local campaign. See this map to see if there is already local group in your area.
- Public screening of videos with discussion
- Presentation and Q&A
A talk followed by Q&A can be delivered by one of our PM Speakers (please email email@example.com to see if there is one in your area)
1. The first thing is to choose a date and venue
2. Publicize your gathering
We can help promote your event, but to get more people interested you have to put a bit of leg work in.
- A Facebook event is very useful to try and invite as many people in the area you know who might be interested…
- It’s worth advertising through other grassroots groups if possible good places to start are: Transition, Quaker, WDM groups…. – they may be interested in coming to your meeting or organizing joint events.
- You can publicise the meeting by placing posters in places such as the local library, churches…
- You may be able to place an info in the local paper
- It’s also useful to post details of your meeting on websites such as www.indymedia.org.uk or other local online listings.
3. Invite your MP
4. Promotion through Positive Money
So that we can promote the event, please send the following details to: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What (e.g. film screening, talk, meetup in pub?)
- Where (address)
- When (start time and date)
- A link to a google map, or directions to the venue
- If it is free or if there is a cost how much (or donations welcomed?)
- Any other details that are relevant
- Let us know if you are happy for people to respond directly to you, via email. (They can respond to us if you do not want your email address to be shared)
Then we we will send an invitation to all people in your area. We will also publish the event on our website and promote it via social media.
5. Collecting Email Addresses
We would like you to ask people to sign up to the Positive Money email list. The best way to get the people who attend your event to take action afterwards is to make sure they are on the mailing list.
Here is a template email signup form which you can print off for the event. (Please note, never ask people to add details for friends or family)
The most effective way to get people to sign up is:
- Print off the email signup forms
- Get an A4 clipboard with a pen attached to it by string
- Explain that you’re passing around a form for the Positive Money newsletter; that this includes links to new videos and resources about this issue, and updates on the campaign and other ways that the audience can get involved, and that they can unsubscribe at any time if they decide they don’t want to be kept in touch.
- Pass this to the first person in the front row and ask them to pass it on.
Note: Don’t leave this to the end when people are about to leave, very few people will sign up.
After collecting email addresses, please type them up and email them to email@example.com (ideally in an excel spreadsheet with separate columns for name, surname, email and postcode)
Here you can find more tips that will provide you with the information and advice needed to plan and organize your events.
Join the Campaign!
Join the 25,035 of us who know that our money system needs fundamental changes if we want an economy that works for people, not banks.