If you would like to organise a meeting or an event in your local area – get in touch! We are here to help.
Here are three ideas:
- Organise an informal meetup
Why not organise an informal gathering to share ideas, discuss and plan a local campaign? We can help by sending out invitations to Positive Money supporters in your local area. See this map to see if there is already local group near you. If not, email email@example.com to discuss arranging a get together.
- Public screening of videos with discussion
There are Positive Money speakers across the UK. If possible, we will provide a speaker for your event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there is someone in your local area.
Your next steps…
1. Choose a date and venue
2. Publicise your gathering
We can help promote your event via our website and social media. Here are some things you can do:
- Set up a Facebook event
- Advertise your event to local networks and groups e.g. Transition and Quaker groups
- Put posters up in prominent places
- Place the information in the local paper
3. Invite your MP
4. Tell us about it!
So that we can promote the event, please send the following details to email@example.com:
- What (e.g. film screening, talk, meetup in pub?)
- Where (address)
- When (start time and date)
- Any additional information
- If it is free or if there is a cost how much (or donations welcomed?)
- Any other details that are relevant
- Let us know if you are happy for people to respond directly to you, via email. (They can respond to us if you do not want your email address to be shared)
Then we we will send an invitation to all people in your area. We will also publish the event on our website and promote it via social media.
5. Don’t forget to take a sign up form!
Remember to send a sign-up form around the audience during your event. The best way to get the people who attend your event to take action afterwards is to make sure they are on the mailing list.
Here is a template email signup form which you can print off for the event. (Please note, never ask people to add details for friends or family)
The most effective way to get people to sign up is:
- Print off the signup form
- Attach it to an A4 clipboard with a pen
- Explain that you’re passing around a form for the Positive Money newsletter and that they can unsubscribe at any time.
- Pass this to the first person in the front row and ask them to pass it on.
Note: Don’t leave this to the end when people are about to leave, very few people will sign up.
After collecting email addresses, please type them up and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (ideally in an excel spreadsheet with separate columns for name, surname, email and postcode)
Here you can find more tips that will provide you with the information and advice needed to plan and organize your events.
Sign the petition!
Tell the future Prime Minister of the UK that money creation should only be used in the public interest.